his last appearance.He was aske | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
dasg234
dasg234 Sep 14
Get ready for a week full of potential matchups of ranked teams in college basketballs Thanksgiving holiday tournaments. NHL Jerseys Cheap .The Maui Invitational opened Monday in Lahaina, Hawaii, with an eight-team field headlined by No. 4 North Carolina, No. 13 Oregon and No. 16 Wisconsin. That tournament wraps up Wednesday, the day the Battle 4 Atlantis Tournament begins in Paradise Island, Bahamas, featuring No. 10 Louisville, No. 20 Baylor and No. 24 Michigan State.In addition, theres the NIT Season Tip-Off at the Barclays Center in New York, which could feature a Friday championship matchup between No. 19 West Virginia and No. 25 Florida State. And the AdvoCare Invitational in Orlando starts Thanksgiving Day with a field that includes No. 11 Gonzaga and No. 21 Iowa State.If the brackets fall right, there could be plenty of matchups that boost NCAA Tournament resumes when it comes to seeding and earning a close-to-home opening weekend in March.Every year, the teams that are in there, you have several teams that have chances to win a national championship, go to a Final Four, Baylor coach Scott Drew said of the Battle 4 Atlantis, adding: After this tournament, you walk away, win or lose, a better team because of the competition you faced.That looks true for several of the weeks events.KENTUCKY BACK ON TOPKentucky returned to the No. 1 spot in the AP Top 25 after Dukes loss to Kansas last week. The Wildcats (4-0) host Cleveland State on Wednesday then UT Martin on Friday before heading to the Bahamas for a Monday meeting with Arizona State.Kentucky, led by its latest stellar recruiting class, has reached No. 1 in six of coach John Caliparis eight seasons with the Wildcats. The Wildcats are 66-6 as the APs top-ranked team.Were still learning about each other, Calipari said after Sundays home win against Duquesne .TOP CONFERENCESThe Atlantic Coast Conference led the way with six teams in this weeks poll, including four in the top 10 with No. 6 Duke and No. 7 Virginia joining UNC and Louisville. In addition to FSU, Syracuse checks in at No. 18.The Blue Devils play their first game since falling from their preseason perch of No. 1 against William & Mary on Wednesday night.The Big Ten and Big 12 each managed five teams, though only one each in the top 10: No. 3 Indiana and No. 5 Kansas, respectively.The Big East has three teams in the top 12: reigning NCAA champion Villanova at No. 2, Xavier at No. 9 and Creighton at No. 12.NEWCOMERSBaylors upset of Oregon last week pushed the 20th-ranked Bears into the rankings entering the Battle 4 Atlantis, where they open against VCU.FSU and Michigan tied for the No. 25 slot as the other newcomers. Michigan visits South Carolina on Wednesday, while the Seminoles face Temple to start the NIT Season Tip-Off in Brooklyn on Thursday.WATCH LISTCincinnati (24th) and California (25th) fell out of the rankings but remain in the top five in the others receiving votes category. Yet two others in that group have a chance to play their way into next weeks poll: Miami and Wichita State.The Hurricanes open the Advocare Invitational against Stanford on Thursday and could meet both Gonzaga and Iowa State. Meanwhile, Wichita State opens play at the Battle 4 Atlantis against LSU with Louisville potentially looming the next day.---Follow Aaron Beard on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/aaronbeardap---More AP college basketball: http://collegebasketball.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-Top25 NHL Jerseys Wholesale .Y. -- Syracuse has turned up the defence at the right time all season, and when High Point threatened to pull off a monumental upset the second-ranked Orange did what they do best with their quick hands and savvy play. Cheap NHL Jerseys China . -- Ty Montgomery had 290 all-purpose yards and two touchdowns, and fifth-ranked Stanford held on to beat No. http://www.cheapnhljerseys.net/ . 31, the CFL club announced Monday. The team also has yet to decide on the future of Doug Berry, who began the season as a consultant to the head coach but took over the offensive co-ordinators duties in July. NEW YORK -- Mark McGwire is getting another swing at the Hall of Fame.The former slugger who admitted using steroids joins Bud Selig, George Steinbrenner and seven others on the Todays Game Era ballot to be considered for election to Cooperstown in December.The announcement was made Monday by the Baseball Hall of Fame. The ballot is part of changes to the election process announced by the Halls board of directors in July. The ballot is comprised of five players, three executives and two managers who made their biggest impact from 1988 on.Its flattering. Its fantastic. I mean, thank you, McGwire told The Associated Press in a phone interview. Its very flattering to have another opportunity to possibly get into the Hall of Fame. Its exciting.McGwire said hed heard of the committee, but didnt think his name would come up for a long time.I didnt know it was going to be this year, considering last year was my last year on the (writers) ballot. Its very flattering.Harold Baines, Albert Belle, Will Clark, Orel Hershiser, Davey Johnson, Lou Piniella and John Schuerholz round out the class of 2017 candidates on the new ballot.All are alive except for Steinbrenner, the bombastic and successful owner of the New York Yankees from 1973 until his death in 2010.Selig served as baseballs acting commissioner from September 1992 to July 1998 and then as commissioner until January 2015. He oversaw an era of immense change that included expansion, wild cards and interleague play.It is Seligs first appearance on a Hall of Fame ballot, and the third for Steinbrenner. He fell short on 2010 and 2013 Expansion Era ballots.Voting is Dec. 5 during the winter meetings in Maryland. To be enshrined, candidates must receive votes on at least 75 percent of the ballots cast by the 16-member Todays Game Era Committee.Those voters, appointed by the Hall of Fame board, will be announced this fall.McGwire ranks 11th on the career list with 583 home runs. Tainted by performmance-enhancing drugs, however, he never came close to getting elected by the Baseball Writers Association of America and dropped off that ballot this year after his 10th and final chance. Wholesale NHL Jerseys. Numbers-wise, what Ive done, I truly believe they are Hall of Fame-worthy. For what I did hitting home runs, 583, Im the only guy in history averaging one in every 10 at-bats, he said. If you look at how many games and at-bats I did it in, it was a lot less than most guys in the Hall of Fame. Im proud of that. I truly believe I was born a home run hitter.Yet McGwire, who spent this past season as bench coach for the San Diego Padres, never received more than 23.7 percent of the vote from the BBWAA -- far short of the 75 percent required for election. He garnered 12.3 percent in his last appearance.He was asked whether he thinks his steroids admission and subsequent apology will sway this particular committee.Its obviously up to them. Theyre obviously up to speed with that. The writers felt the way they did. I truly respect how they felt. I did admit to it, and you know, theres nothing else I can say. I did what I did and I apologized for doing what I did, McGwire said.The process of the Todays Game Era Committee provides an avenue for Hall of Fame consideration to managers, umpires and executives, as well as players retired for more than 15 seasons -- like McGwire. Todays Game Era was one of four eras committees outlined in July when the Hall detailed its latest set of election changes.Finalists on the ballot revealed Monday were selected by the Historical Overview Committee appointed by the BBWAA, made up of 11 veteran historians.Any candidates elected Dec. 5 would be inducted into the Hall of Fame on July 30 next year along with any players voted in by the BBWAA. Those results will be announced Jan. 18, 2017. Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Camo China NFL Jerseys Black China NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Gear Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Outlet China Womens NFL Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Hoodies Wholesale Jerseys From China ' ' ' 
Share:
Positive SSL
Google this