throwing spinning backfists and flying armbars. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
mary123
mary123 Oct 11
ATLANTA -- The path is clear for Dedrick Mills to lead Georgia Techs running attack in 2017. http:///...toine-Bethea-Jersey/ .Mills promises to walk a straight line in that path and avoid the problems which cut short his playing time this year.The transfer of leading rusher Marcus Marshall to James Madison leaves Mills as the heavy favorite to start at the B-back position the two shared much of 2016. Mills is expected to start when he completes his sometimes rocky freshman season in the TaxSlayer Bowl against Kentucky on Dec. 31.Mills missed three games while serving two suspensions for undisclosed violations of team rules. He still ran for 602 yards, only 22 fewer than Marshall, while easily leading the team with 11 rushing touchdowns.Without the suspensions , a good season could have been great. He says there will be no problems next year.Oh, next season there will be none of that, Mills said Monday. It just pushed me for next season. Ill be there every game. Im going hard, 100 percent.Mills (5-10, 217) was a perfect fit as the power back in coach Paul Johnsons spread-option offense. He scored the game-winning touchdown in Georgia Techs season-opening win over Boston College in Dubin. He had three-touchdown games against Vanderbilt and Miami.Johnson said Mills, from Ware County High School in Waycross, Georgia, got a jump on everybody by enrolling early for spring practice.Hes a guy who loves to play the game, Johnson said. I wish that hed played more games this year for whatever the circumstances were, but I think if hell continue to work and continue to do the right things hes got a bright future. He can be really good.Georgia Tech (8-4) will need Mills to be really good next season. The Yellow Jackets leader, quarterback Justin Thomas, will complete his career in the bowl game. The running backs, including Mills and Qua Searcy, who ran for the game-winning touchdown in the 28-27 win over Georgia to close the regular season, will need to fill the leadership void.With him leaving its going to take out a lot, said Mills of Thomas. ...Whoever plays quarterback next year is still going to have our faith, but I feel Ive got to go twice as hard as I did this season.Georgia Tech also is losing assistant coach Bryan Cook, who coached the quarterbacks and B-backs and has been named Georgia Southerns offensive coordinator.Cook said Marshalls transfer has led to more work for freshmen running backs Quaide Weimerskirch and KirVonte Benson in practice. Georgia Tech also will lose senior B-back Marcus Allen.Quaide and KirVonte have gotten more reps and hopefully theyll carry that forward, Cook said, adding he didnt know if the young backs will play in the bowl game.You can see a difference in those two now and where they were in August, no question, Cook said. So youd like them to pick up in the spring where theyre leaving off this week.Game notes The teams last bowl practice at Georgia Tech will be on Wednesday. The team is scheduled to arrive in Jacksonville on Dec. 27. ... Johnson said two freshman quarterbacks, Jay Jones and Lucas Johnson, were impressive in a scrimmage on Saturday for players not expected to play in the bowl game. They both looked good, made some plays, Johnson said. Theyre both good athletes.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25http:///...don-Williams-Jersey/ . Perhaps Carroll was so prepared for a break because he believes there is very little the Seattle Seahawks need heading into the off-season. "I dont see anything that we need to add. We just have to get better," Carroll said. http://www.nflcardinalsrookiestore.com/Cardinals-Aq-Shipley-Jersey/ . He was followed closely by David Clarkson, donning red, seconds later. Clarksons actions one night earlier, leaping off the bench in defence of Kessel during a pre-season game against the Buffalo Sabres, will cost him the first 10 games of the regular season. http:///...ustin-Bethel-Jersey/ .J. -- Marshawn Lynch said Thursday it will be good to get back to football after the Seattle quiet talking running back wrapped up his final mandatory media session of Super Bowl week. ATLANTA -- Lets face it, Robbie Lawler is not a brilliant fight promoter.The defending UFC welterweight champion does not produce many headlines, and he tends to say little about his opponents. Hes focused on himself, you know? Hes getting better in the gym every day. Hes not worried about the other guy. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.The best way to promote a Lawler fight is to show a Lawler fight. Thats his selling point -- entertaining, action-packed fights; the kind that might even intimidate future opponents. You want to take Lawlers title? Better be prepared for the worst 25 minutes of your life.Tyron Woodley, who will take on Lawler for the 170-pound title on Saturday at UFC 201 at Philips Arena, says hes up to the challenge.Robbie will bleed and smile and always keep coming, but you have to be intimidated by him to break from that, Woodley said. Thats actually his main attribute. But hes not the boogeyman to me. Im sorry. You put him at the foot of my bed, Im gonna open my eyes, take one look at him, and fall my ass right back to sleep.Its worth noting Woodley (15-3) has a long history with Lawler, which might help him humanize the champ more than others.Much of the pre-fight attention has been dedicated to whether or not the two are real teammates. They both represent American Top Team out of South Florida, although Woodley stopped holding his full-time camp there more than a year ago.Their relationship actually goes back well before Lawler joined ATT in 2013. It even goes back before Woodleys professional debut in 2009.Robbie was a guest referee for my last two amateur fights, Woodley said. I actually trained occasionally at his gym in Granite City, Illinois, which was 15 minutes from my house in St. Louis. We never sparred because Robbie wasnt doing much sparring at the time, but we wrestled a few times.I have video right now on a hard drive, me as an amateur fighter sitting in his gym saying, One day, Im going to be a UFC champion. Who the hell would have thought Id be fighting against the person whose gym I was in to make that happen? Those are things that I think make this a little more speciial. http:///...aine-Gabbert-Jersey/. The two shared a gym again when Lawler joined ATT, but Woodley ultimately left to open a satellite gym in St. Louis. A former collegiate wrestler at the University of Missouri, Woodley also trains out of Roufusport in Milwaukee, alongside his former college teammate Ben Askren.Since Woodley was the one who relocated, he will, technically, be staring across the cage at a team that once coached him. The 34-year-old says hes not concerned how that might affect the matchup.Are they that familiar with me? Woodley asked. I dont think they are. I think theyre extremely familiar with what they saw a year and a half ago. How much have they seen since? Ill be jumping off the cage in this fight for all they know, throwing spinning backfists and flying armbars. They have no clue what Im coming with.If Lawler does possess inside knowledge on Woodley, he certainly isnt hinting at it. As is the case before all his fights, Lawler says his entire focus is on himself. Hes hoping for a finish, rather than another five-round war, but if it comes to that, he knows where he stands.Its not something I worry about, whether my opponents have that heart in them or not, Lawler said. All I know is that I have it. If they end up having it too, thats when you see something special. But I dont know what the other guy is bringing to the table. Im doing what I can to get them out of there. Thats about it.Where many see a stoic, ruthless juggernaut, who (and this actually is a quote from Lawler) looks to claim an opponents soul in a fight, Woodley sees a beatable opponent who doesnt scare him one bit.He has been put away before, Woodley said. Jacare [Ronaldo] Souza? Nick Diaz? I remember those fights. I watched those fights. Tim Kennedys wrestling was too much for him. Lorenz Larkin was too fast. I possess all those skills, but better. Styles make fights, you know what I mean?I think hes showing a lot of caution before this fight because he knows my style -- he has to respect it. Cheap Jerseys 2020 Cheap Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store NFL Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Nike NFL Jerseys China Jerseys From China Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale China NFL Hoodies Wholesale Authentic Jerseys ' ' '
Share:
Positive SSL
Google this