ple of more plays than us and thats what decided the | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh
wzh Mar 14
PHILADELPHIA -- All aboard the Wentz Wagon. Cheap Jazz Jerseys China .Carson Wentz aced his first tough test, and the Philadelphia Eagles dominated the Pittsburgh Steelers 34-3 on Sunday to remain unbeaten.Wins over the Browns and Bears were no fluke. The Eagles (3-0) proved they can compete with -- and whip -- the top teams.Now they head into a bye atop the NFC East and suddenly looking like legitimate contenders in the conference.We view every week as a measuring stick, Wentz said. Everyone believes in each other.The rookie No. 2 overall pick threw for 301 yards and two touchdowns, outplaying Ben Roethlisberger. He has zero turnovers in three games.Wentz connected with Darren Sproles on a 73-yard, catch-and-run TD and tossed a 12-yard TD pass to Jordan Matthews.Roethlisberger had 257 yards passing, one interception and no TDs after tossing six in the first two games. The Steelers (2-1) averaged 31 points in the first two games before running into Philadelphias ferocious defense.Some takeaways from the Battle of Pennsylvania:BACKFIELD DEPTH: The 33-year-old Sproles still has plenty left. He caught six passes for 128 yards. Rookie Wendell Smallwood ran for 79 yards and his first career TD. Kenjon Barner had 42 yards rushing and his first score. Meanwhile, Ryan Mathews only carried twice for minus-5 yards.REAL DEAL D: Defensive coordinator Jim Schwartzs defense has been downright stingy. After shutting down Big Ben and the high-powered Steelers, the Eagles have allowed just two defensive TDs in three games. Players say theres room for improvement. Its still early, DE Brandon Graham said. Everybody is still getting acclimated with the system.FIRST GAME JITTERS? Steelers WR Markus Wheaton had a forgettable return to the lineup after missing the first two games with a shoulder injury. He dropped a TD pass on the opening drive that was followed by a blocked field goal . Later, he dropped a catch that stalled a drive in the second quarter. Wheaton seemed dejected afterward, but Roethlisberger encouraged him. Were not going to get down on him, Roethlisberger said. Hes going to get down on himself more than he needs to, though. He knows he should and can make that play, but theres a lot of thumb-pointing going on for us and it starts with me. We win as a team and we lose as a team and that was an offensive, defensive and special teams loss. I challenge all the players and even the coaches to look in the mirror and point the thumb.DRESS REHEARSAL? The Steelers will have one week to figure out what went wrong against the Eagles because theyre going to see a mirror image of this offense next week when they play Kansas City. Eagles coach Doug Pederson played for and coached under Chiefs coach Andy Reid. We fully expect it to be similar next week, DL Cameron Heyward said. We have another test next week to prove we can beat it. We need to look at this film, address our concerns and be ready for Kansas City.CARSONS STATS: Wentz joins Mark Sanchez (2009 with Jets) as the only rookie QBs to start and win their teams first three games of the season since 1970. ... Wentz is the first player in NFL history with at least 100 pass attempts, 60 completions, five TDs and zero INTs in his first three games.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow Rob Maaddi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AP-RobMaaddi ;Cheap NBA Jerseys .  Breaking three of his own world records on his way to winning in Paris, Chan silenced the critics and left the audiences standing in appreciation and awe. Cheap Jazz Jerseys . During the athletes parade, the 23-strong Ukrainian team was represented by a lone flagbearer in an apparent protest at the presence of Russian troops in Ukraines Crimean peninsula. http://www.cheapjazzjerseys.com/ .J. -- Marty Brodeur beat the Pittsburgh Penguins yet again. FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- For most of this season the Patriots have been able to dominate with a quick strike offense that also pushed around opponents in the trenches.In Sunday nights 31-23 loss to the Seahawks, they ran into a Seattle team that reminded them what true physical football is all about.After struggling at times early this season, the Seahawks defense rediscovered the hard-hitting calling card that has made it one of the NFLs most imposing units the past few years.Seattle gave up three rushing touchdowns to LeGarrette Blount, but held Tom Brady without a passing touchdown for the first time this season. It also kept Brady uncomfortable all night, and had a barrage of bruising hits on several of his teammates, including Rob Gronkowski, who was briefly staggered in the second quarter after a hard hit by Earl Thomas.Gronk finished with three catches for 56 yards.That was a big hit for sure, probably one of the hardest I got hit in my career, he said. By a good fast player who hits like a missile. It was a good hit. I just got the wind knocked out of me. It was a little tough to breathe, once it comes back you are good.I have no problem with it. He hit me fair and square. Its football. You are going to get laid up eventually.Brady himself was walking a little gingerly after a sneak attempt on the Patriots final drive, but said it didnt have an impact on his final pass to Gronkowski that sailed over his head in the end zone.A lot of guys are playing through pain out there, he said.The Seahawks also made game-saving plays on back-to-back series in the fourth quarter.First, with his team nursing a one-point lead, Kam Chancellor thwarted a Patriots drive when he forced Julian Edelmans fumble inside the Seattle 40 to set up the Seahawks final touchdown.Then, on New Englands ensuing series, the deefense denied the Patriots fourth straight times inside the 2. Grayson Allen Jersey. It included that fourth-and-1 pass from Brady to Gronkowski that was defended by Chancellor as both players crashed to the turf.Honestly, we always try to hit. Its football, Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman said. Any time you can put your pads on, you try to hit. And having Kam out there makes a big difference. Kam put some hits on guys ... and Earl also put some huge hits on guys. ... Thats how we play.Its a physical sport. This isnt a finesse sport. So you hit him as much as you can and see who wins.Chancellor said the exact same scenario played out earlier this week in practice, with scout team player Marcus Lucas playing the role of Gronk.He did the same exact route and we both fell and hit the ground, Chancellor said. I actually got my hand on the ball that time -- but he didnt push me. It was just a little different.Patriots coach Bill Belichick said that there must be improvement in all phases going forward. But the Patriots wont have much time to recover, with a cross-country trip to San Francisco up next.We talked about it the last two weeks, how this game was going to go all the way down to the last play. We knew it was going to be similar to the last game, safety Devin McCourty said.We knew both teams were going to fight, no matter what happened in the game. They were going to just keep fighting and go blow for blow. We were prepared for it. But they just made a couple of more plays than us and thats what decided the game.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow Kyle Hightower on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/khightower ' ' '
Share:
Positive SSL
Google this